Assura helped MainPower, a North Canterbury electricity company, upgrade its event-management system to improve efficiency.
Running electricity distribution in North Canterbury and Kaikoura, MainPower supplies line services to approximately 33,000 customers via 4,000 kilometres of cable over 11,000 square kilometres.
They were looking for a new system to manage power related events and systemise actions required in different situations. Whether a planned outage or an unexpected incident, the right people needed to know about it, and have the information and tools to complete their part of the process, and then progress to the next step.
It was important each type of event was handled the right way, and always either completed or resolved.
A new system needed to be dynamic and flexible enough to:
- Incorporate specific industry requirements to make sure incidents, defects, hazards, improvements and complaints were managed in line with regulations and requirements
- Be adaptable as regulatory frameworks evolved and changed
- Complement MainPower’s existing processes and procedures
- Be able to be managed in-house
- Provide effective management and reporting through status tracking capability
- Allow ease of access via data pushing in web formats
- Ensure events were managed in a consistent and timely manner